Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Homemade Christmas?

I've found a new vice. Pinterest.com, a website designed to function like a virtual pinboard, is a cornucopia of great ideas for crafts, travel, style, home improvement, etc. I've never felt more creative! Looking through their DIY section, I've collected tons of great ideas for Christmas gifts. Now I'm beginning to wonder if I might like to attempt a homemade Christmas. It would take a fair amount of time and extensive planning. I might come out saving a little money but buying supplies will still be costly. Another option is to pair a small purchsed gift with another that I have created myself. In the next few weeks I'm going to see if I can collect one idea for a do-it-yourself present for each of my family members. If I can, this might be a possibility.

Regardless, Pinterest is a great place to find ideas for repurposing items you already own, decorating on the cheap, and using clothing items you already own to create new styles (something I need to work on severly). Also, there are a zillion creative recipes (think buttercream birthday cake truffles)!

No comments:

Post a Comment