1. This past weekend, Cody talked me into getting an iPad 2. Of course, we paid cash and it is all ours and so, so much fun. BUT I am feeling really guilty about this and probably will continue to feel guilty for several weeks. Especially since my mother-in-law told us she had already bought one for our Christmas present. Darn.
2. This is a doosey. This is the real reason I haven't posted in a month... I've decided to go to law school.
Bump #2 has both positives and negatives. So, here is a list:
- no four months of unemployment for me while I student teach
- potential of higher pay in the future and to essentially work for myself
- my current boss has offered me a full-time position, so more income immediately
- I get to go to school for at least three more years!!!
- Cody and I will easily be able to pay for my tuition with cash (which is half of what I'm currently paying for graduate school at UAB)
- if I change my mind, I can pick up with my master's and being teaching
- no possibility of my TEACH grant being repaid = $6500 of student loan debt for a master's degree I did not complete
- Three payments of approximately $1800 per year for tuition
- Driving 60 miles one way to Birmingham once a week for the next several years. Poor Civic.